Custody Issues: Which court?

Custody cases between parents can be handled procedurally in several different ways.  If the parents of the child(ren) are or were married, custody issues are generally addressed in their divorce action which would be handled on the circuit court docket in Kentucky Family Courts.  If the parents were never married, however, custody issues can be handled on either the paternity docket or the circuit court docket.  In such situations, an experienced attorney should evaluate the situation to determine the best way to proceed.

Goldberg Simpson attorneys can provide the necessary insight to determine the best procedural route to be taken.